Cows!!
This is a slideshow of 10 different examples of a cow. I would play the slideshow for my students (without the captions - distracting!) and as each picture displayed, I would ask a student "What is it?" or "What does a cow say?", "Where do cows live?", "What do we get from cows?" (depending on the level of the student).
I would then add 10 pictures of another animal (say, a pig) in with the cows, then a third animal - until I had 10 different animals with 10 pictures each (100 photos) in random order. We would practice until the students could name all 10 animals, then I would introduce another set of vocabulary words and pictures :-)
With that said, I usually don't use slide or rockyou to do the slideshows that I use in class, I stick to plain ol' powerpoint because then I can have the photo take up the entire screen with no distracting elements. I usually use slide.com for informal slideshows to post to my blog - when I want it to look more "professional", I use flickr slidr.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Digg/mnicolem
Flickr/mnicolem
Myspace/nicolemays
Facebook/Nicole
Linkedin/mnicolem
Twitter/mnicolem
YouTube/mnicolemm
Last.fm/mnicolem
Del.icio.us/mnicolem
Wishlist/Nicole
GMail/Nicole
coComment/mnicolem
I was wondering what was up with all the cow pictures on your sandbox site... Looks like a fun idea and the kind of thing I do with my French kids. What color is this cow? Is this a young or old cow?
ReplyDelete