Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Wiki example (not really Thing 7)

Here is an example of a wiki created by a special education class about a CBI trip to the grocery store. I LOVED this!!! I was kindof stuck when thinking about how my students could create a wiki - all of the usual ideas (class discussion, sharing notes, etc.) don't really apply to my kiddos. But we can certain take pictures and share our CBI trip adventures with parents! Or other activities we do in class! My mind is now reeling with brilliant ideas of how I can use a wiki with my students.

I had planned on creating a wiki for my class - one with information for parents, basically taking the info from my class website and putting it in wiki form, because updating and adding new information (like the videos I mentioned in a previous post, demonstrating how to do homework activities) would be so much easier than with a traditional website (not to mention that Barrow County Schools won't let me link my webpage to the school's webpage lol). But then adding in the student participation element brings a whole new level of excitement :-)

I'll be back later (probably tomorrow) to do the actual Thing 7, but I wanted to look for at least one wiki created by special education students and there wasn't one on Madame O's list of links :-)

(by the way, I found the wiki on the NECC ning on a forum about using blogs and wikis with special education students)

No comments:

Post a Comment